An excellent question, one that we often struggle to answer in detail, as marketing is not our main focus. But here are a few of the reasons:
- The Taste- our meals taste SO much better than what you can buy elsewhere;
- Small Batches- we cook our meals in small batches, which means we put love and care into everything we cook.
- Quality of Ingredients- while our meals are not 100% organic, we buy as much as we can organically, especially oils, dry goods and greens.
- So the finished product has more nutrition, less chemicals and a better taste. For example, we use Mount Zero’s extra virgin olive oil & Pink lake salt, Spiral’s organic Sesame & Sunflower oil, produce from local farms such as Parcel & Day’s Walk farm. Other kitchens where we have worked cut food costs left, right and centre to keep the bottom line INPUT costs low. A, SLOW Food we use the best ingredients, knowing it is reflected in the quality of the final product.
- Home- Compostable Packaging- we use pak360 packaging which decomposes quite easily in your home compost> We also deliver in paper bags or reusable insulated bags , so there is no single use plastic. We also compost ALL of our veggie scraps from the kitchen using pak360’s compost collection.
- Local- not only are we a small local business, we support small local businesses, especially farms. We buy as much local organic produce from local farms as we can get our hands on. Less food- miles means a smaller carbon footprint and fresher produce!
- Weekly Changing Menu- our menu changes constantly, so you will never get bored of the meals you receive, SLOW food has chefs from a variety of backgrounds that means we are able to create meals to satisfy everyone.